A little history about Liseth, the people and the place.
Around 1840 Knut Endreson Tveito got the farming rights on Liseth. In 1861 the family moved up to the place and adopted the name Liseth. His son Endre Knutson Liseth overtook the Liseth in 1985. In 1894 he married Dordei Høel.They were running the farm and besides that Endre was also glacier guide on the Hardangerjokulen and he ran Demmevasshytta from 1902 until 1940.
A new stable and house were built in 1912-14. Just before 1915 the first guests came to Liseth, where they only had a few rooms for the tourists.
His son Lars built an adjoining building in 1928 and in 1929 he married Birgit Sekse. They took Liseth over in 1930. In 1946 they built the guesthouse with room for 18 guests, and together with the adjoining building they could welcome around 25 guests. They continued expanding the guesthouse with 2 more room, a new kitchen and a living room on the first floor. This was ready in 1960.
Endre, son of Lars took over in 1970, together with his wife Solveig. They started building 10 rental cabins and a living room with a large fireplace. They ran Liseth until 1994.
In 1994 is his son Lars with his wife Bjørg and the children Cecilie, Endre and Christoffer took over Liseth. In 1995-96 the dining room was extended and all the rooms were renovated so that every room in the main building also had a bathroom. In 2004 all the rooms in the adjoining buildinge were fixed up and a new toilets and showers were installated.